I have an Executive Personal Assistant joining the team today. Somebody basically to help organize myself, my team, our projects and all around take a lot of things off of my shoulders.
Obviously it’s a position that, you know, the working relationship will no doubt grow over time, and my new assistant will have a lot of things to learn.
They’ve got some training to go through to learn our project management and task management system. There’s a lot to pick up on in this initial stage, before things will be really effectively up and running. But today the process begins.
It’s Quite A Fun Process Actually
What I’ve basically been doing and what I will be doing ongoing now every single day – is any time I’m doing something I’m gonna ask myself, “Should I be doing this?” I really only want to be saying “Yes” to the absolute essential things that I need to be focused on to drive this company forward.
Without the marketing being created or planned out by myself, there won’t be leads coming in. Without leads, there won’t be customers, without customers we won’t be getting client applications, which means the phone team is sat there without people to speak to.
Which means nothing’s really driving the business forward. As the team’s growing and as we begin to start taking the business forwards, it’s really important I’m focused on the most important things.
And so that’s basically the exercise I put myself through now. Every single time I’m about to start a new task I just say…
“Wait! Should I Be Doing This?”
And if I can’t say “yes” because I need to be doing it, then I need to then say, “Who should be doing this?” or “Who could be doing this?”
And so obviously now, you know, we’re in a position where we’re growing the team here at Internet Profits, and everybody’s got their set roles. We’ve got…
- Adam who who handles all things video, who’s the Videographer in the company.
- Chris who’s my Marketing Assistant, so publishing content, creating sales funnels; many, many tasks and responsibilities fall into that position for Chris.
- Obviously Louis, very important, the President of Client Coaching here at Internet Profits – basically heads up the coaching division.
- Glen “The Wizard” who assists Louis and runs some coaching webinars.
- Gloria and Sarah and Destiny in the US who cover customer and client care and happiness.
- John who heads up the phone division.
So everybody’s got their roles. And so what I’m getting at, is essentially we’re in a position where many roles within the business are fulfilled. People are managing or running those positions.
And so my focus has to be on…
Continue reading here: Everytime I Do Something I Ask Myself, “Should I Be Doing This”?